Myr Servitor

Go down

Myr Servitor

Post  PS/IOE V on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:55 pm

Just wanted to express some love and appreciation for these vicious monsters. They're just so great at so many things.

PS/IOE V

Back to top Go down

Re: Myr Servitor

Post  ej on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:13 pm

yes there are quite a few tricks to be done with them. I personally enjoy the mana myr, I think they are really under rated.

ej
Admin

View user profile http://mtgneeds.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenwulfe on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:55 pm

I'm actually toying around with testing them out with Time seive at the moment, any ideas about the servitors let me know

Ravenwulfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PS/IOE V on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:30 am

Good luck with that - they could certainly take a little bit of the sting out of Time Sieve, but you're gonna want to bust open a Myr Incubator or something to win the game with. They're good for Devour cards, but you need to get a bunch of them out to make that really significant - what they are GREAT with is sacrifice-enablers like Carrion Feeder and Nantuko Husk, and anything that assumes sacrificing a creature will balance out a powerful effect.

That said, there are a lot a lot a lot of decks they provide decent-to-excellent mileage in - if nothing else, you could do worse then a cadre of Servitors just for early drop and throwaway blocking. At one colorless mana, and with a free revive, they beat out Drudge Skeletons in accessibility and long-term durability, and if you have any creature-sacrificing effects, they're invaluable.

PS/IOE V

Back to top Go down

Post  PS/IOE V on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:00 pm

Just For Fun
=========

Pious Myr
(3)
Artifact Creature - Myr Cleric (U)
Lifelink
Sacrifice Pious Myr and two Myr Servitors: put a card named Ex, God of the Myr onto the battlefield from your hand or your graveyard.
2/2
"With so many created each day, it's no wonder some come out flawed - I've even seen some of them kneeling, as if in prayer."

Paladin of Ex
(5)
Artifact Creature - Myr Knight (R)
Indestructible
3/3

Ex, God of the Myr
(9)
Legendary Artifact Creature - Myr Avatar (M)
Myr you control have lifelink and modular.
Pay 1 life: put a +1/+1 counter on a Myr you control.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from a Myr you control: Put a 0/0 Myr creature token with modular 1 into play.
Modular m

PS/IOE V

Back to top Go down

Post  PS/IOE V on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:03 pm

Ack. That should read Modular 6, at the bottom.

Flavor text for Paladin of Ex
---------------------------
The new breed stepped forward, armored in darksteel...and in faith.

PS/IOE V

Back to top Go down

Post  ej on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:24 pm

interesting ideas, I was thinking maybe use the mana myr to accelarate and then sculpting steel and clones to copy the myr servitors and you could get a constant lock going with the time sieve. If you get 6 myr servitors (ie clones and sculpting steel) on the board you can sack five every turn and bring them back every turn. Or 3 or 4 and a mana myr or elsewhere flask, something like that. Then use tezzeret to find a monster and jace/howling mine to draw cards or jace to mill the oppononent. I'm actually working on making this deck for extended, it could be really interesting.

ej
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenwulfe on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:52 pm

I was looking at the sculpting steel too ej, interesting idea, how consistant do you think the deck could be?

Ravenwulfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:45 am

You can't sac 5 a turn, the most would be 4 if you expect to get them back anyway. The clones and steels wouldn't come back.

Justin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ej on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:30 am

They wouldn't but it would still count as a myr so you sack 4 and one other artifact and use the steels to bring back the other myr. Then once you run down on artifacts use open the vaults to get everything back.

ej
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum